Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Vegan Pizza

Last night I treated my niece to a pizza night here in Madison.  My niece decided a few years ago to lead a vegan lifestyle so needless to say, that adds an additional challenge to going out to dinner.  Madison is such a cool, progressive town though that vegetarian and vegan food is becoming more mainstream and many restaurants offer vegan choices. 

One of those places is Ian's Pizza on Frances Street.  Every Monday night from 5:00-10:00 pm they offer a few of their traditional pizza choices and make them vegan.  So I decided to take her out for girls night for pizza.

On the left is lasagna pizza, on the right "pepperoni" with mushrooms.  The cheese, crust and all toppings were vegan.  Now, if anyone knows me they know that my food choices are about as far from vegan as they possibly can be, but I humor my niece and try her food at times.  I must say that the lasagna pizza was pretty good.  The "pepperoni" I did not enjoy at all.  In my world, there is no substitution for real pepperoni. 

I wasn't horrified by the pizza :) but I know that I wouldn't choose to eat it unless I was with my niece.  Otherwise, bring on the gooey cheese, sausage and meat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment